Raisins and Chocolate Milk

.

Monday, May 5, 2008

Ozumo - San Francisco (5/4/08) - 87.5

The Score
  • Food - 17
  • Service - 8 (Yikes!)
  • Ambiance - 7.5
  • Wine - 5 (Largest Sake menu I've ever seen)
  • Total - 87.5
  • Price - $$$

The Skinny

http://www.ozumo.com/

Not good to forget to put in the food order when you're a waiter. :)

We went to Ozumo on the early side and were some of the only people in the restaurant. Sadly, they didn't put us near the window to look out on the bay views. Maybe it was the way I was dressed, but it surely doesn't help to be placed in a dark corner. To be fair, we went in without a reservation, so there is only so much to say.

I really have no complaints about the food at Ozumo. It was consistent, interesting and brought together a variety of electic tastes that really worked. The only thing I think they may want to revist is the seaweed salad. A little too much vinegar.

Ozumo has, quite possibly, one of the most extentsive sake menus I've ever seen. Should I ever want to understand sake, I'm heading back to this restaurant.

Service was mediocre at best. The waiter was not attentive and even forgot to put in our order. If you notice, had their service been better, this restaurant would have scored quite highly. But, and I'm being nice here, that waiter sucked! He didn't even apologize for his poor, poor service when he forgot to put in the order. I'd have given him props had he said, "I totally forgot your order and I'm going to give you a free beer why you wait!" That's service. So you see, it's not if you make a mistake, but rather how you respond to it.

No comments: