Raisins and Chocolate Milk

.

Sunday, May 4, 2008

Col Terra - Niwot, CO - 91.5

The Score
  • Food - 18
  • Service - 11
  • Ambiance - 9
  • Wine - 3.5
  • Total - 91.5
  • Price - $$$$

The Skinny

http://www.colterra.com/

What can I say...I love this place. Nestled into the cute downtown space of Niwot, CO you find what in my opinion is one of the best restaurants on the front range. Beautiful outside seating, great food and a casual atmosphere are the simple elements that make this place great and keep you wanting to come back time and again.

I've been twice to Col Terra and both times found the experience to be consistent with their mission - fresh, seasonal food with a variety of options. If you like restaurants you have to visit this place. As I understand it, CT under went a shift in ownership. Well thank God. I was at the restuarant that CT replaced and always felt it was a shame that such a great space was being wasted on mediocrity.

My only complaint is that the wine list is a little limited and the experience level of the wait staff is only average - boith in terms of wine knowledge and high-end service. And, forgive me for this, but the wait staff should not be complaining about working there to the patrons. I don't care how unsatisfied you are, don't bring your crap to work and lay it on the patrons. It makes us uncomfortable.

Everything I've tried on the menu is well done. Visit...see for yourself how pleasant Col Terra is.

No comments: