Raisins and Chocolate Milk

.

Thursday, May 1, 2008

BLT Prime - NYC

Food - 14

Service - 13

Ambiance - 7.5

Wine - 5

Total - 89.5

Price - $$$$


BLT Prime (http://www.bltprime.com/) in NYC is one of my favorite places in the city. It's loud, bold and has friendly, approachable service. That's why I was a little surprised at how it scored. The majority of the reason was the main dish. For a place that places big, bold steaks at the core of its menu, there should NEVER be a problem with how it's cooked. I've been there three times over the past year. Each of the first two experiences were better. The ribeye and Strip were perfectly cooked. This time however the meet was dry and not as approachable. The sides were perfect. The wine service was impeccable this time. The wine steward, Roy, makes wine fun, makes great recommendations and loves his work. What's not to like. I'll be back, no doubt about it. I would recommend this place to anyone who loves steak and wine. The ambiance is very New York too - a definite plus.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Kevin, you left out a very important element to the experience at BLT Prime, especially as it pertains to wine. :)

Kevin Haythe said...

What...that I didn't guess the wines correctly in a blind tasting? OK, so I'm no Robert Parker. But on that point...Robert Parker is often wrong.